Duties and responsibility
- Leadership of the VTS and Pilotage Team, conducting the general day-to-day management of high volumes of vessel movements.
- Review, create and implement port marine operations procedures in compliance with the Port Marine Safety Code, organizational policy and all relevant legislation.
- Management of marine staff, including allocation of duties, competency training, leave rosters and absence.
- The co-ordination and management of response to port incidents and emergency situations.
- Working in close cooperation with the Commercial Department to ensure maximum utilization of port facilities.
- Ensuring continuous improvement of customer service and quality standards.
- Maintaining good working relationships with stakeholders, including customers, agents, suppliers and industry/community representatives.
- Liaison with all relevant government agencies, statutory bodies and emergency services.